10/06/2006

Damn you Netflix


So I've become a serious shut-in lately. I've always been a touch anti-social but lately its been out of hand. And as I mentioned in my (not at all gay) Kiefer Sutherland post earlier, Netflix is a serious enabler. But the problem is, once you get hooked, the product quality slides in a serious way. There's rarely a disc I receive that doesn't skip, pause, or just simply refuse to play. And with a show like 24, its the 4th episode that refuses to play. And, according to a computer nerd at work, this actually makes sense because the later information on a DVD is stored near the outer edges of the disc, the regions more prone to scratches, wear and tear. At any rate, this sucks. So I'm in the midst of season 4 when, faithfully, disc 3 decides to not play its 4th episode. So, I file a complaint with Netflix who ships me a replacement disc. But when I opened my latest mailing, what's in the envelope for 24 - Season 4 Disc 3, SENTINEL! A movie that stars Kiefer Sutherland. Clearly, someone at Netflix HQ doth have a sense of humor. But I am hella pissed.

No comments: